I know you’ve seen it! It’s a custom hair care system…………… and it’s pretty cool.
So, everyone is different. Everyone’s hair has different properties. You fill out the hair profile, and it allows you to pick what you want your system to address.
My current blend is:
- curl definition
- oil control
This is my second round with this brand. The first round would have gotten a different review from me. It was okay, but nothing above and beyond. This time, however, I love it. Love love love it.
My first set was slightly different:
- curl definition
- oil control
- color protection
So you can see the only thing I changed was the color protection because I’m letting my hair grow out and go back to it’s natural color for a hair donation. This change however has made a huge difference in the health of my hair. My hair is less frizzy, the waves and curls pop more (my hair is 1/3 straight, 1/3 wave and 1/3 curl) and it just overall feels better.
You also have the option of adding on a custom serum, leave in treatment or hair mask. I have the leave in treatment from my first round still in use, and I bought the hair mask this time which is a once a week thing.
So if I’m quite honest, I’ve lost my insert that comes along with it. I tried to keep it but it didn’t work. I have no clue where it went. When I find it I will update with some more details…
A few simple likes and dislikes:
- I prefer the eucalyptus to the lavender.. I love the smell of lavender, but I shower in the morning. Didn’t think about that when I changed it. Eucalyptus when used in aromatherapy provides stress relief. It’s a crisp scent that is very refreshing. Lavender has calming properties and is better for night time relaxing.
- The slight change from color protection to lengthen seemed to make a world of difference for my hair. Sometimes this is what you need to do if you don’t like a hair care product. Just change one detail. That one or two ingredients may be what makes or breaks how much you like your product.
- I love that it comes with stickers and you can decorate your bottles.
- I wish the natural fragrance selection was larger. Lavender and Eucalyptus are currently the only two available. There’s so many beautiful natural fragrances… I’d probably go nuts if they ever used Ylang-ylang. Even if I didn’t need a new set, I’d buy it just so I wouldn’t miss out on the fragrance option.
- You have the option of making your custom hair care system silicone free.
- It’s available in two sizes. 8 ounce and 16 ounce.
- It’s a little on the pricey side. The 8 oz set runs $39, the 16 oz set runs $49, and the add ons run $19 each which is all pretty typical pricing for a “custom” product. Customized products don’t run cheap.
If you’re able, I recommend giving this product a try. Start with the 8 ounce if you’re unsure and if you’re not happy you won’t feel like it was as much of a loss. Now that being said, the 8 oz set actually lasted me about 3 months (keeping in mind I currently have short hair and it was shorter when I used my first round). If you have long hair, obviously it won’t last you that long because you require more product but you can also extend the time your product lasts if you don’t wash your hair everyday. I do. I know some people might cringe at that, but I have very oily hair and no, it doesn’t get less oily if I don’t wash everyday. I’ve tried. And personally, I can’t stand dry shampoo.
I found this product to be worth it.
3 week update on my new formula
I’m growing out my hair for another donation and my hair stylist said my hair looks amazing. She said it’s super healthy and I can easily go another 6 months without needing a trim. No dead ends AT ALL after 4 months of not seeing my stylist (3 of those months being quarantine). My color is also fading out nicely and my roots don’t look terrible (when you donate your hair it can’t be color treated so you have to let that grow out as well). Now you’re probably thinking “well, you obviously just let it air dry every day”… ER.. wrong. I blow dry my hair at least 5 days a week, and I never sleep on it wet. One thing that I don’t ever do is flat iron, or use a curling iron.
So I’m super happy with my new formula, though I haven’t decided if I will try a new brand or not when it’s finished. We’ll see!
I found after extended use that my hair actually started to go downhill and I had to switch up brands. I do, however, still use my leave in and I do love that enough that I plan on buying another one.
I switched to Aveda, which was ok but not what everyone hyped it up to be and I’m currently using Viori.
Leave a Reply